Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update Since Arrival at Brisbane (10th Feb) - Part I

Hmm... Seems like I was really missing in action for more than a month since I came to Australia. I was without any internet connection so there were missing entries in the blog.

I left SG on 9th Feb stressed and yet looking forward to an exciting adventure. I left my favourite rosary ring at home and the luggage handle came apart when I was going down the stairs. That was enough to frustrate me.

Once I had reached the airport, I checked in quickly and waited for the rest of my friends to arrive at the coffee joint in the departure hall. I didn't want a big farewell party at the airport because it could be a hard time saying goodbye and moreover, I don't need a party of 40 to just send off one. I told my colleagues that my departure day was the Friday before. Only my close friends came.

TL and LT came together and went to have dinner nearby. After that, JK and CP came with baby M. Even JK's mum was there too. She was too shy to sit near us so we bade a quick goodbye to each other. IW and her hubby came, followed by my P2 teacher - MY. I had passed my mobile phone to mum and dad was fiddling with it and somehow the phone was locked! It really frustrates me then. Anyway, LT was nice enough to send it to Nokia for me and then passed it back to mum. Where to get friends like that? Thanks, LT.

At about 8.20pm which was the time to enter the gate, I received a text message that my church friends (AF and LG) were on their way so I had to wait for them. They came at about 8.40pm! I said quick goodbyes, hugs and went into the gate. Fortunately, there were no teardrops and I was in a fairly relaxed mood as I entered the gate. I then gotta rush to find the boarding gate because the screen was flashing with my flight number.

If I was not wrong, I was the last few to enter the boarding gate. I forgot to pour away the water in my bottle and had to do that just as at the point, where checking was taking place. Then I saw this guy with a sharp knife (or object) in the box and he was refused entry. I wondered why didn't he put into his check-in luggage. Hmmm...

I sat next to an OZ gal on the plane and I took naps in between till arrival time in Brisbane!!


Dear Lord, thank you for making this study trip possible. It seemed like a dream to be coming here but You did make it happen for me. Thank you. I thank you for the friends who came to send me off. Their friendship touches me a lot and I pray that You will take good care of them and bless them with happiness and health. Amen.

No comments: