I started the month by visiting Southbank Markets with LY and JS's landlord and her cousin. Her cousin was visiting Brisbane so I joined them. We also went to this nice little cafe at Stanley St. It's a cafe and a florist combined. Nice!
We then went to Eagle Pier and walked around too. That was when I had a panic attack! I had left my camera at the toilet in Eagle Pier. LY and I were on our seprate way from JS's landlord and were actually on our way to Chinatown when I discovered the loss. I was looking for my mobile phone and found it in my camera pouch. I searched for my camera and it was not in my bag! LY accompanied me on a run back to Eagle Pier. It was about a 3-min run and I had not ran so quickly in a long time.
When I was back in the toilet, no camera was found. My heart dropped. It was not the camera that I felt heartache but it's the pictures in the camera. Then a lady came with a blue paper bag and asked if I had lost anything. I said that I had and she asked me to check if the contents were mine. I opened the paper bag and I was in ecstasy! The lady was a stall-owner at Eagle Pier and she took the liberty to turn on the camera to see the pictures and she recognised me. I was walking past her stall earlier on. She said she waited half an hour for me to return. Oh gosh! I didn't even realise that it was missing! I sincerely thank her from the bottom of my heart.
Lessons started on 2nd March and it was quite easy-going on the first week, except that there's Biomech practical on the first week. The rest of the tutorials and practicals started on the 2nd week. Since life was a little more stable, it's time to have dinner more often. It's too costly to eat out in the long run.
M had started to cook a bit. He learnt to cook the rice (without the rice cooker). We used the steaming way and then we took turns to wash up too. LY was still staying with us so it's a rotational basis in the house.
We also went to play frisbee in the school field to test out the game. After that session, my knee started to ache. I guess it's not a good sign so I could not sign up for the whole season. I had to forgo the dance sessions that I wanted to sign up too.
By 4th March, LY moved out after she had completed all her paperwork for her room rental.
On 7th March, M and I went over to JS's place to chill out. At about 3pm, M went to uni to join his "church friends" for a soccer game and I went to meet LY and we went to join the Catholic group in Roma St Parklands for a BBQ. LY and I were late as we were trying to figure out a way to the Parklands. It was nice to see Catholics around and I got to know LR. She's a nice gal and we were from the same alma mater. Cool!
Just as I was on my way home after the Catholic group BBQ, I received a message from M that he could have injured his knee during soccer game. I could only meet him at home and his friends sent him home. I was not sure if he had torn his ACL but it was swollen when I got home.
On 12th March, we experimented with the Chicken Rice premix and viola! we had Chicken Rice. Yummy!
On 13th March, we went to the city in the late afternoon and had desserts and chocolate with JS at 3 Monkeys Cafe. A nice vintage cafe in West End. After that, we went to meet the city for a walk. After that, we went to Hardgrave Rd to meet YL and her friend, LL for a quick meet-up. We then went to city for a walk as well.
The next night, we went to JS's home for a mexican dinner prepared by ther landlord and then off we went to uni to meet YL and LL.
On our way to uni, M and I had fun taking pictures on Greenbridge. There was no bus services at about 10pm so we went to take pictures on the road! The bar in uni had a function and tickets had to be purchased so we changed our plans to go to Hawken Drive instead. All shops closed by 10pm on Hawken Drive so we sat outside one of those shops that was still opened and chatted till about 1am! It was great fun.
On 15th March, I had decided to check out Cathedral of St Stephen's in the city. It's a Catholic church and I like the ambience at the church. Maybe it's could be that it's in the city and there are more people. The small church at FF has only about 20 odd parishioners and they are all quite elderly folks. I managed to find the mass time for penitential services, Maundy Thursday mass, Good Friday mass and Holy Saturday Vigil mass. Cool!
On the following Tues, I got a call from JS that she had a car and asked if we wanted to go anywhere. I told her Mt Cool-tha and she obliged. I then made arrangement to meet up with LY as well and off we went. It was a nice place (just like Mt Faber) and after that, we went to Milton (Little Paris) for our warm thick chocolate. Yeah... The waiter there was funny and there was a joke that JS was M's wife and I was the girlfriend and LY was the sister. Haha...
On 18th March, it's the last day that JS would be staying in Manning St. M and I helped her to move out of the place into her friend's place at The Gap. We had to do 2 trips to send everything there. Luckily her friend (R) lent her the car to do the moving. M had to cramp behind with the furniture. It was funny.
On Thurs, M was invited by his classmate, C, to go for a Japanese buffet dinner (called Sukiyaki) style). I was asked to go along too. Before that, we visited a liquor shop called 1st Choice and there was a large variety of liquor. Wooh... On our way to the dinner, JS called and asked if we were still in city. I invited her along. Since it was her birthday soon, M and I decided to give her a treat as well. It was a Singaporean dinner because it's friend's friends that came. They seem to be those who can well afford an overseas education kind. In the group, there's a triathlete and he seemed cute though but a bit blur blur sometimes. Ha...
On Saturday, M and I hosted a house party at our place. I prepared the Curry Chicken from the pre-mix pack. It was yummy. LY had to leave early so we cut the cake rather early. At first, JS didn't know that we were celebrating her birthday but then LY let the cat out of the bag. Later on, CC and JM came as well and they stayed till 9 plus. Oops... They missed the bus on their way home so they had to walk home from our place. LL who is staying the furthest walked for 90 mins to get home. Aww...
On Sunday, LL, M and I went to DFO (Duty-Free Outlet) near the airport to shop. I bought a pair of shoes (Keen Sienna Mary Jane Casual) and a belt. Total damage was $56. In fact, the shoes was $180 in retail but it was going at a discount of $60. I tried on the shoes and quite liked it but I was told it was the last pair. I asked for a further discount because the 2 shoes looked a little difference in colour (cos one of the shoe is the display set) and got it at $50. Yippee...

On Wed, LL and I decided to meet up for dinner. M and LY came along too. We went to Song for Asian food. I had Char Kuay Teow but it's not up to standard. It was a bit salty and not sweet enough.

The following Friday when M was at his friend's house for cell group meeting, LL and I met up. She introduced me to her friend and housemate (F) and we went to a Korean restaurant for dinner. After that it was desserts time at The Coffee Club. It was an enjoyable evening.
On Sunday, I was at church with M and LL. M was from a Catholic school before so he's not totally anti-Christ so it was a good opportunity to bring him there. After that, we met up with LY and CC to go to Chinatown for tim-sum (they called it YUM-CHA here). It was a sumptuous meal with quite a number of varieties that cost $21. Not too bad. JS's landlord was invited too but she seemed a little unhappy about the lunch. Anyway, R also came with his daughter (R) and his friend (I). She also invited a fellow Singapore (S) who's an Ironlady and her friend too. It was a gathering of 12. Cool!
That's a lot for you to digest. Enjoy the pictures.
Update Since Arrival at Brisbane (March 09)



No comments:
Post a Comment