Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mr Receptionist...

Time for research and assignment on today because I wanted to hand it in tomorrow. I practically spent the whole day doing it.

I spoke to AC who lectures in the poly and she finds that the assessment grading is ridiculous. Come to think of it, I think it's true. The question sets for Physio makes up 25% of my grade. However, there's 6 question sets to be shared by 25%. That means that it would be approximately 4.2% per question set and each question set has about 7 questions! Isn't it a bit ridiculous?

M was out at his friend's place for soccer match last night and I had the whole house to myself! It was great. I had completed watching and I was sniffing towards the end of it. Luckily he was not at home to watch me sniff. Anyway, he came home at about 12pm and slept till I went out for mass! That was like 4 hours and more...

I met LL, LR and PW to attend mass at Rosalie. GW was online and was informed that he would be there for mass too. I must say the church is small and it was packed. I like the music at mass. It was great and certainly, it's not the traditional mass that I usually attend back home. In fact, the mass ended in less than an hour. Howeve,r the people there are not so friendly and welcoming. Hmmm....

GW had to complete his thesis so he left after mass. The rest of us stayed on for pizza dinner. I thought it was reasonable to sell pizza (from Dominoes) at $1.50 a slice. I had 2 because I told M that I would be home for dinner. In fact, he called me at about 7 plus in the evening but my phone was on silent mode. Oops... I forgot to tell him to prepare dinner and eat first.

The Praise and Worship session was like a rock concert. Most songs that they band played was not familiar to me. They are an established band in Australia and they have albums to their name. I guess those songs could be from their album.

I did sense the strong presence of the Holy Spirit at mass and it indeed rested in me during Praise and Worship. However, I did not feel totally at peace with myself. I wonder why. It seems like there's a nudging feeling and I could not pinpoint what it was.

On my way home, I received a text from M that my brother called me. I thanked him by calling him, Mr Receptionist. I hope he's not offended. When I came home, I used SKYPE to speak to brother and mum and that was the peak period. Oops... My brother managed to check out the new phone that I intend to get and we settled the UOB payment. Mum managed to see me face to face too.

I did not have any nap today so now I am feeling the effects of sleepiness. I shall end here and sleep early so that I could complete my assignment tomorrow. I managed to complete half of it and will cheong all by 11am tomorrow.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day that I had spent studying and also with friends at mass. It has been a blessing to have friends who spend time with me and with You and also to be able to send me home after each prayer meeting. Thank you for putting them in my life. I pray that my family and M's family will be well-taken care of when we are here in Australia. I pray that I will read more to gain enlightenment from You and also help me to find the direction to serve You. Thank you for the presence of the Holy Spirit in church today. Continue to fill me with Your presence and send me to be an instrument of Your love to reach out to others. Amen.

No comments: