Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Experiments with Food...

Okay... I know it looks disgusting but then it's food prepared by my housemate so I had to eat it. We made it last Thursday for lunch. It's actually lamb cutlets but then he could have overcooked it. He did ask around after that and found out that for lamb, it should be cooked on low heat so that the lamb could cook gradually and not on a overheated pan.

The potato salad was prepared by me, of course. I learnt that milk and butter had to be added to it so that it's smooth. Hmm... I learnt something new.


Then I prepared the following dish on Friday for lunch. It's white fish fillets with onion and tomatoes as dressing. I perfected the sunny side up. Yums...


This looks good, you might say. It was prepared by my housemate. It's pan-fried salmon with mashed potato. The dressing is wasabi mayonnaise. It was delicious. After watching MasterChef in Australia, my housemate was inspired to "plate up" for the food he had cooked. Nice presentation, I must say.


Yesterday, I was feeling stressed up with revision and yet still found time to do this. I took this picture some time back and I really liked it alot. It was too slim as my wallpaper on lappie so I added sides to it and I really liked the effect. Do you?


I found out 2 days ago that LT's grandma was hospitalised. She was apparently beaten up by the maid. The old lady is staying with him and he had to be in-charge for now. I hope the old lady is feeling okay and recover soon. I hope that he is comforted as well.

Another god-daughter has been added to my wing. My friend, AJ, has given birth last Thursday at about 3am. It was a smooth delivery for her. I am glad. In fact, her daugther is delivered 2 weeks earlier. At least, my friend could have a good rest - away from the office. I know she was feeling so stressed with work the last few weeks I spoke to her online.

Dear Lord, thank you for the wonderful food that we have been cooking. It has nourished my body and kept me healthy. I pray for those people who have no food to eat to have someone provide food for them. I pray that those children who have been wasting food, learnt not to waste them. I also pray that LT's grandma will recover soon and be comforted that You will take good care of her. I pray that You will comfort LT too and help him when he needs help. I also want to thank you for the god-daughter that I have. Thank you for bringing her into the world and may You bless her always. I pray that You will take good care of AJ and her family. Amen.

No comments: