I was in church in the evening to help faciliate the Great Adventure Bible Timeline course. It's the 3rd session this week. I was unable to attend the other 2 lessons cos' I was with my own RCIA sponsors' group for the same course. Anyway, I also learnt quite a fair bit today. It is a different method of facilitation and the questions are much more personal.
At the beginning of the discussion, we were told to pick a buddy to pray for. I suggested drawing out nametags to decide who would we pay for. I chose RL and I guess I must be honoured to pray for him.
As for the learning today, someone in the group mentioned that God used people from all walks of life to be his descendants. There's Abramham (the old one), jacob (the liar), Joseph (the dreamer) and Moses (the stutterer). All these people were not perfect but because they chose to obey God, God had promised them great land, great kingdom and great blessings.
We too could learn from them. We have our own shortcomings but by trusting and obeying God, He would reward us in His way someday.
As we were singing the closing hymn (Be Not Afraid), I was thinking of my studies next year. I would be going to a foreign land and it just seemed like God is telling me not to be afraid and He will lead me to where it would be safe. I just have to trust Him and go. I also felt the Holy Spirit descending upon me when I was singing.
Dear Lord, thank you for the lesson I have learnt today. It is always man's folly to forget about You or have doubts in You. Please always help us to keep in mind that You are always there for us and we should always trust and obey You because You are the one who could reward us one day. I pray for RL from church. He always had the zeal and passion for Your work. He's in fact, an inspiration to me and many others. I hope to have his zeal and passion even at his age. Bless him with good health and give him rest when he needed it. Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to fill me today. I pray that I would keep the Holy Spirit in me and pray that IT will guide me not to sin or not to lead me into temptations. I also want to thank You for sending C to me, who gave me a lift home in the midst of the rain. Amen.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment